Monday, August 3, 2009

Worship

I love to sing, though I am not very good at it. There are many people who sing well and whose voices are a blessing to the ears. Then there is mine. But this blog is not intended to become a commentary on my ability to sing. I am not sure my ego could withstand the blows.

Instead, I want to talk about worship. God is our audience and our hearts are the tools that reflect the love we have for Him. Though God is the audience, we too are often blessed as we experience God.

Sometimes worship comes in the form of singing and other times it takes on different forms. So, when it comes to worship what kinds of things have been a blessing to you as you worshiped God? Or maybe you remember a time when in worship you experienced God and His joy. Perhaps, you would be willing to share it with us.

I eagerly await you comments.

Pastor Steve

3 comments:

  1. It was so good to hear you sing again. Hopefully our prayers have been answered. When I listen to Gospel music I feel Gods love. You told me one time that all music has that effect on people, but there is a difference. I feel it in church more so then with everyday music. I know I'm new at this but I'm growing to understand more every day about Gods word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rOMANS 12:1 THEREFORE, I URGE YOU, BRETHREN, BY THE MERCIES OF GOD, TO PRESENT YOUR BODIES A LIVING AND HOLY SACRIFICE, ACCEPTAGLE TO GOD , WHICH IS YOUR SPIRITUAL SERVICE OF WORSHIP.
    Eager to hear and receive the new gift of understanding of God ahd His will that the pastor will unwarap that morning for the congregation. How beautiful Do Worship? that pleases God. God centered: focus on awesome revelation of God. all powerful is God of the Holy Spirit. I begins with Saturday preparation. Even have breakfast plan in meind . Lay out the bible and what time to get up in the morning in order to get ready for church. Then get to bed at a reasonable hour. Pray about the Lord's Day for the servic, the music ,the pastors,own family, and myself. A quick prayer before I leave the house on Sunday moring. Ask the Lord be glorified and that He speak to each family member. Sunday morning is just like Christmas to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. god has a plan for this church and god is moveing in it every day im so thankful for being apart of this church. thank you pastor you do so much for this church and for me>from the kid you always have to give a ride home to haha love ya

    ReplyDelete